I Tried Intermittent Fasting…Here’s What HappenedFebruary 7, 2018
Recipe: Cauliflower Chocolate SmoothieMarch 6, 2018
Being of Mediterranean descent, these delicious apps were a regular in my household. Finding ways to add vegetables to your meals can get redundant, so branching out and trying foods from different cultures can add a bit of pizzaz to your day. These Greek-inspired delights are one of my favorites, and they fit into my 5-ingredient max requirement. Unlike frozen, store-bought Spanakopitas, this recipe is four simple ingredients (not 15+ like most frozen options), and free of extra butter and unwanted processed oils. Simple, delicious, and keeps great for a week in the fridge!
- Feta Cheese (1 cup, crumbled)
- Spinach (thawed and drained, 1/2 cup)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 tbsp)
- Phyllo Dough (1 package, defrosted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix crumbled feta cheese and thawed spinach in a medium bowl until full combined
- Add Olive Oil
- Cut phyllo dough sheets into long rectangular pieces (I usually cut the large sheets into 3 long sections)
- With a tablespoon, scoop spinach and feta mix into the bottom corner of your 2 sheets of phyllo dough
- Fold and cover mixture with the dough in the shape of a triangle, and continue to fold upwards, keeping the triangular shape. Alternatively, you can simply roll the dough upwards into a cylinder. Lay flat on a baking tray.
- Brush the top of your masterpiece with Olive Oil.
- Repeat the previous steps with remaining feta/spinach mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until dough turns golden brown.
Looking for an extra serving of vegetables? Dice some peppers/onions and add to the mix for a pop of extra flavor and nutrition!
Looking to save even more time? Lay phyllo dough in full uncut sheets in a baking pan and spread feta/spinach mixture evenly over top. Lay another set of phyllo sheets on top (like a lasagna) and bake. Cut into squares after it bakes and enjoy!
For more recipes and healthy tips, sign up for Lifeberry’s mailing list and follow us on Instagram and Facebook!