Recipe: Beet & Arugula SaladMay 12, 2019
How To Fight Low Motivation: Tips For Staying On Track With Your Health GoalsAugust 15, 2019
It’s finally starting to feel like summer! As the weather heats up, it’s typical to crave something cool and sweet. Before you turn to a bowl of ice cream or another Iced Sugar Bomb (aka Iced Frap), try out this quick and easy DELICIOUS green smoothie. The smoothie is an excellent meal replacement because it covers all bases: fiber, protein, healthy fats, and veggies. I promise you will not get sick of this one, and it’s a great way to add some extra greens to your day!
- 250 ml Water or Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 cup of spinach or kale, fresh
- 1/2 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 avocado, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop of protein powder
Combine all ingredients in a blender and whip her up!
- Not a fan of protein powder or making this for kids? Swap out the protein powder for 3 tbsp of heart seeds or 1/2 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
- Not a fan of pineapple? Not to worry! You can substitute with mango, peaches, or banana! Stick to a half cup for all.
- More fibre? Add an extra tbsp of ground flaxseed, or use chia seeds instead!
- Not sweet enough? Add honey, to taste!
For more information and healthy recipes, be sure to sign up for our newsletter, follow and like us on Facebook and Instagram!